2011年11月23日星期三

Nikki dives down as money piles up

AN army widow who set up a charity to help children of servicemen and women killed in action has commemorated its first year – by jumping 13,The initial costs of opening your own Wholesale Wooden Style For Kitchen is usually higher000ft out of a plane.

Nikki Scott completed the skydive last weekend as Scotty’s Little Soldiers celebrated reaching the 100,000 mark.

The charity was set up in August last year in memory of Mrs Scott’s husband Corporal Lee Scott, who was killed while serving in the 2nd Royal Tank Regiment in Afghanistan in 2009.Mediums used are Wholesale Glaze Tiles For Kitchen From China Manufacturers on stretched canvas

It was named after Lee’s nickname and his children Kai, now seven, and two-year-old Brooke, who he called his “little soldiers”.

Mrs Scott said: “It’s been just over a year since we launched Scotty’s Little Soldiers and what an incredible year it has been.

“We have now raised over 100,000 which is just amazing and all due to the fantastic fund raising and generous donations from the public.

“It’s an amazing feeling and I’m so moved by everyone’s support.”

Mrs Scott completed the skydive near March,We have our own Wholesale Solid Color Glaze Tiles For Kitchen gallery Cambridgeshire, with her cousin Lucy Curtis and friend Ben Lemmon, and raised a further 500 for the cause.

It was a major challenge due to her fear of heights, and not one she is planning on repeating.

She said: “I can’t find the words to describe how I felt before the jump took place! I knew deep down I would do it as I knew how much the money would help the children and I also kept hearing Lee in my head telling me to go for it.

“I was so nervous and scared but I did it and I am very proud of myself. I’m so happy to be able to say I have done a skydive, although I will never do one again! It was an amazing experience and something I will never forget.”

Reaching the 100,000 mark means the charity in now in a position to buy its first holiday home,Anyone with a Henspa Wholesale Mosaic Tiles For Floor can enjoy the satisfaction of raising their own hens and delight in fresh for use by bereaved families.

Mrs Scott hopes to have it up and running, possibly in Great Yarmouth, by next summer.

She said: “It will give families a chance to have some time away from their everyday struggles so they can relax for a while.your ultimate Wholesale Ceramic wall tiles For Countertops From China Manufacturers coffee mug is here”

The charity ultimately wants to raise 450,000 to set up three holiday homes, as well as continuing to buy youngsters special birthday and Christmas presents, and tickets for family days out.

It has also recently set up an office in Railway Road, Lynn, where the day-to-day business of fund-raising can be orchestrated.

Scotty’s Little Soldiers also had its first official ball at the Duke’s Head in Lynn on Saturday, and this Thursday it will have a stall at the town’s Christmas lights switch-on.

没有评论:

发表评论